- What is Intermediate Rent?
- Am I Eligible?
- What is available? Could I intermediate rent any property?
- Can I afford it?
- What expenses will I be responsible for?
- Who pays for repairs and ongoing maintenance in a new home?
- Application Form
What is Intermediate Rent?
Intermediate Rent is a new product being offered by Broadland Housing Group on brand new properties, subject to meeting eligibility criteria. The benefits of Intermediate Renting are:
- 20% discount on Open Market Rent values
- an assured short-hold tenancy agreement (6 months)
- an option to purchase the property via the New Build HomeBuy/Shared Ownership Resales process, subject to meeting affordability criteria and whether the property is eligible for this option
- where option to purchase exists, time to save a purchase deposit during the rental period
- a reputable and reliable repairs & maintenance service via Broadland Housing Group whilst renting the property
- Pets welcome (with exception to flats)
Am I Eligible?
A minimum household income will apply for each property type and Broadland Housing Group will assess you on your potential financial ability to purchase the property via the New Build HomeBuy/Shared Ownership Resales process in the future.
Applicants must be approved for the Newbuild Homebuy product via Orbit First Step, the HomeBuy Agent for Norfolk and Suffolk (excluding Forest Heath and St Edmundsbury). To register please contact:
Orbit First Step
Harry West Road
Binley Business Park
Tel. 03458 50 20 50 Fax. 024 7643 8034
Priority will be given to applicants who fall into any of the following categories:
- social tenants, either Local Authority or Housing Association Tenants
- those on social housing waiting lists
- key workers
- those with a local connection
- other priority groups recommended by regional housing boards, these include medical secretaries, medical receptionists, teaching assistants, learning assistants and care workers employed by Local Authorities.
What is available? Could I intermediate rent any property?
An application pack with latest availability, minimum household income and rental values is available upon request from our New Business Department. Household occupancy levels will be maximized wherever possible.
Intermediate Rent (Discounted Market Rent)
Victory Court, Diss, IP22 4GN
3 Bedroom/5 Person mid terrace house
Available after 21st June 2013
Can I afford it?
Minimum household income levels will apply. Your potential to purchase the property via the New Build HomeBuy/Shared Ownership Resales route in the future will depend on whether your property is eligible for this product, which you will be advised of when viewing the property.
What expenses will I be responsible for?
You will need to be able to cover the following expenses whilst Intermediate Renting
- £250 damage deposit
- rental costs and service charges
- household bills – utility bills, council tax, contents insurance
Who pays for repairs and ongoing maintenance in a new home?
It is Broadland Housing Group’s responsibility to repair and maintain your new home (excluding tenant damage and neglect) whilst you are Intermediate Renting the property. This includes servicing your boiler annually. If you purchase through the New Build HomeBuy/Shared Ownership Resales process in the future you will become responsible for all repairs and maintenance.
If you wish to apply please click here to download our application form.